Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Shock & Awe

Shock: Will has a deadly disease and it will change everyone's lives forever.
Awe: How many people have offered to help, pray and do anything we need.

We couldn't have made it through the past few weeks without the support and love from our family and friends. Neil and I spent the first week in shock and surrounded by our family. They cooked, cleaned, took care of us and now, we function :-) So now what?

This is the weird part - we receive this terrible (really, terrible doesn't describe it) news, but yet, right now Will is seemingly ok. In fact, he pee peed on the potty tonight (and the floor, we haven't quite mastered that yet).

I have heard that people want to continue to help and bring dinners etc. Believe me, we're not Top Chef over here, but right now, we're holding or own with dinners. There will be a time when that will change and I promise we will ask for that.

However, there is something you could do to help and support. In February, there is a fundraiser walk called Energy For Life. It's Saturday, Feb. 4, 2012 from 2 - 4 p.m. at Sam Houston Park near downtown Houston. I am forming a team "Walk for Will" and will be sending out info on that soon. Please mark your calendar and consider joining us to raise awareness and money to find a cure. I'm going to try and do shirts for everyone so we can visually walk together!

As referenced above, Will has been more interested in using the potty and his wonderful teacher at school wants him to start potty training soon. Whew! Since I'm not quite ready for that, I thought I'd leave you with a picture of him....on the potty and probably annoyed that I was taking his picture.



6 comments:

  1. Count me in for the walk! I bet my kiddos will go too! Will is such a cutie! I just smile every time I see those big blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture! I marked the calendar for the walk!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in for the walk. It's on Outlook, so that make is real. Prayers for healing to all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to participate! Count us in!
    big hugs,
    Prairie, Mac, and Walter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to walk! Send me the info to participate when you distribute it. Do you have my gmail address? - Mauren

    ReplyDelete